Mt Vesuvius is the best known volcano on earth; it dominates the Bay of Naples with its characteristic cone. It is a typical example of a volcano in a volcano made by an outer broken cone, Mt Somma (1133 metres) with a crateric belt most of which is destroyed. In it there is a smaller cone, the Mt Vesuvius (1281 metres), divided by lowering named Valle del Gigante (Giants Valley).
From only Naples port
- Spectacular drive up to 1000 metres
- Stunning view of the all Bay of Naples
- See the lava of the last eruption 1944
- Free time to walk to the crater
- Suggestions: Comfortable shoes, Cameras.
- Entrance fees: Mt Vesuvius (the crater) 6.50 Euros
Please note that all rates quoted include a vehicle and driver, highway tolls, car fuel, parking.
Exclude entrance fees, and tips.
Cost for a full optional vehicle with English speaking driver for 4 hours tour (half day).